2.1.1 Identifying Properly Paraphrased Material
For this activity, there are two steps:
1) Make It:
- Choose any chunk of text on the Internet (a good-sized paragraph). Paste a link to the site on the Unit 2 blog.
- Create two paraphrases of the material, one acceptable and one unacceptable.
2) Evaluate Another One:
- Select a classmate's post and read the original text (through the link) and the two "paraphrases".
- Identify which is acceptable and which is unacceptable.
- Provide a brief explanation of why the unacceptable one is unacceptable.
- If you think both paraphrases are unacceptable, explain why.
- **This is first come, first served. Once someone has evaluated a post, it's no longer available.**
As responses are made, the instructor will provide feedback, so be sure to check the Unit 2 blog regularly.