2.0 Final Assessment
To wrap up Unit 2, you'll be writing a short article on a topic of your choosing.
- Choose a topic and locate 2 - 3 sources that you'll utilize.
- Compose a two-page (maximum) synthesis (combining the information from the various sources) which includes one example of paraphrased material and one example of summarized material.
- Also, include at least two pieces of common knowledge on the topic you've chosen, in addition to the cited information from your various sources.
- Once you've composed the draft of your piece, trade articles with a classmate, and evaluate each others' work using the guidelines provided below.
- Finally, compose a final draft, considering your classmate's feedback.
- 2 - 3 sources utilized and cited properly throughout the text (5 points)
- 1 example of paraphrased material (5 points)
- 1 example of summarized material (5 points)
- 2 pieces of common knowledge (4 points)
- all specialized knowledge and quotations properly cited (6 points)
- peer review (10 points)
- TOTAL 35 points
Feel free to use the Unit 2 blog to discuss ideas and provide feedback.